MBA Marketing & Automobile Management
What is Automobile Management?
Automobile Management is the study of managing automobile dealership at different levels. MBA in Automobile Management is the unique professional course designed for aspiring students who want to either take a role in dealership or have aspirations to partner with various automobile makers. The programme is to prepare the future managers in automobile industry.
- Indian Automobile industry is one of the biggest industries in the world.
- Several initiatives by the Government of India and the major automobile players in the Indian market are expected to make India a leader in the 2W and Four Wheeler (4W) market in the world by 2020.
- The Indian automotive aftermarket is estimated to grow at around 10-15 per cent to reach US$ 16.5 billion by 2021 creating 65 million additional jobs opportunities in near future.
- Indian automobile industry is one of the biggest industries in the world. Year 2017 had witnessed a growth of 16.26% increase in export.
- It is to be noted that Indian production across all the line of automobile products has increased by 5.41 % in year 2017. Companies like JSW Energy, TATA Motors, Tesla Inc., Kia Motors, BMW, Hero Motor Corp, Ford Motor Corp etc. have planned an expansion in their Indian manufacturing product line.
Stimulated situations and role-plays to give students an insight into understanding of responsibilities of various professionals involved in Automobile Industry.
- Classroom teaching by eminent faculty involving lectures, power point presentations and hand-outs.
- Stimulated situations and role-plays to give students an insight understanding of various activities involved in Automobile Industry.
- Workshops are conducted for students to emphasize on problem-solving through interaction and exchange of information.
- Students have access to University computers and Internet facilities, enabling them in data searches and computer-aided decision making.
- Students have access to the well-stocked library with latest books, periodicals, newspapers, journals, prints and records are available for reading and references.
- Case studies are given to acquaint the students of day to day automobile situations and are asked to draw inferences and make suggestions.
- Organizing Industrial Visits / Seminars/ Conferences / Guest Lectures for students and faculty to various industries as recommended by the departments.
- 6 months compulsory internship program for all the students of the master’s program.
What would you become?
- Sales Manager
- Area manager
- Finance Advisor
- Showroom Manager
- Operations manager
- Purchase manager
- Quality manager
- Delivery Manager
- Marketing Head
- Corporate Communications Manager
- Tata Motors Ltd
- Hero MotoCorp Ltd
- Ashok Leyland Ltd
- TVS Motor Company Ltd
- Eicher Motors Ltd
- JSW Energy
- Tesla Inc.
- Kia Motors
- Ford Motor Corp.
Areas to be served
- Human Resource
- Product Management
- Sales & Purchase
- Showroom Management
- Corporate Communications etc.
What would you study?
- Emerging Trends in Management
- Economics for Management
- International Business Environment
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Statistics for Management
- Introduction to Automobile Industry
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Management
- Operation Research
- Total Quality Management
- Automotive Sector Industry Environment
- International Business and Cross Cultural Awareness
- Retailing & Operation Management
- Shipping, Transport Logistics Operations
- Service Marketing
- Insurance Law and Auto Insurance Practice
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Automotive Marketing
- Auto Finance
- Service Operation Management
- Soft Skill and Personality Development Training
- Dissertation Report
- Internship Report
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.
B.Com, BBA, B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, IT & Systems, Computer Science), B.E. / B.Tech, BCA, B.A. in Economics with min 50% of marks.