MBA Banking & Wealth Management
- India’s banking sector is currently valued at INR 81 trillion (US$ 1.31 trillion).
- The banking sector has the potential to become the fifth largest banking industry in the world by 2020 and the third largest by 2025, according to an industry report. The face of Indian banking sector has changed over the years.
- Banks are now reaching out to the masses with technology to facilitate greater ease of communication and transactions are carried out through the Internet and mobile devices.
- With the Parliament passing the Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill in 2012, the landscape of the sector will likely change. The bill allows the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to make final guidelines on issuing new bank licenses.
- This could lead to a greater number of banks in the country; the style of operation could also evolve with the integration of modern technology into the industry.
- The growth of banking sector in India is at a rapid growth. GDP has increased at 6.6 to 7.0 percent over the past four years and International Monetary Fund projections show an upward trend—growth could reach 7.7 percent by 2020.
- Rising incomes are expected to enhance the need for banking services in rural areas and therefore drive the growth banking in India.
Why MBA Banking?
- The MBA Banking Programme focuses on knowledge and required skilled sets for the management professionals who plan to work for Indian and multinational corporations.
- The Indian banking system consists of 27 public sector banks, 21 private sector banks, 45 foreign banks, 56 regional rural banks, 1,589 urban cooperative banks and 93,550 rural cooperative banks in addition to cooperative credit institutions.
- It provides the students with a general management perspective and introduces them to the latest concepts and practices related to functional areas of Bank management.
- The substantive exposure to Indian and international management practices with a strong case-study orientation is a unique feature of the MBA Program.
- The two-year curriculum is aligned with the banking industry. The unique design of the program focuses on providing a high degree of industry exposure by academic and functional experts from the financial domain and banking industry.
- Our 3-month internship/project programme ensures every student get the right practical exposure along with the placement before the course is over.
- Wealth management and Investment banking are two of the most popular career choices within the financial sector.
Opportunities in the Banking sector
- Banking India is one of the largest employers in India and has the potential to provide over 7,50,000 jobs in the course of the next five years.
- However to join foreign or private sector banks at higher than entry level one needs specialization in some specific areas. For example expertise in project analysis, credit appraisal skills, managing huge loan portfolios general and foreign exchange and money, good computer knowledge is always preferred.
- The exponential growth in banking industry will ensure a stronger economy with lucrative career options banking sector.
- Job opportunities in banking sector in India are enormous. An aspirant who is willing to make his/her career in banking industry has lot of options to choose from. Some of the areas to be served in banking industry is finance, wealth management & investment banking.
- Branch Manager in Retail Banking
- Business Development Manager in Corporate Sales
- Business Development Manager Broking
- Portfolio Manager
- Banking Business Analyst
- Banking Customer Service Manager
- Bank Loan Manager
- Assistant Bank Manager
- Affordable fee structure and UGC approved syllabus
- Gain practical knowledge through real-world case studies and team projects in product development
- Integrated experience - Internship/ Training in the Industry for 3-4 months
- 17000+ alumni network working across the globe
- 100% Placement Assurance
What would you Study?
- Emerging Trends in Management
- Economics for Management
- International Business Environment
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Statistics for Management
- Principle of Banking
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management and Behaviour Management
- Strategic Management
- Operations Research
- Credit Risk Management
- Total Quality Management
- International Business and Cross Cultural Awareness
- Retailing & Operation Management
- Capital & Stock Market Operations
- Rural Banking & Microfinance
- Financial Market & Services
- Financial Derivatives
- Banking Laws and Regulations
- Management of Banking Services
- It in Banking
- Wealth Management
- Financial Risk Management
- Soft Skill and Personality Development Training
- Dissertation Report
- Internship Report
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.
Graduates with 50% in Commerce, Statistics, Maths, Science and Economics are eligible to enrol for this programme.