Interior Design Industry
- The Interior Design industry, is comprised with professionals who are engaged in the planning, designing, decorating the interior spaces.
- According to “Indian Furniture Market Forecast & Opportunities, in 2019, the country’s furniture market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 26%.
- The market touched $ 20 billion by 2015 and is expected to grow more in coming years.
- The CII attributes the growth of interior design to the growth of the Indian real estate industry, a growing population, rising income levels and urbanisation.
- Employment of interior designers is projected to grow 5 percent over the next ten years.
- Market for interior designing in India is all set to absorb new and aspiring talent. Due to the rising significance of interior design, this profession has become one of the best ever emergent fields in India.
Employment Areas in Interior Design Industry
- Private Residences
- Architectural Firms and Construction Companies
- Resort Chains
- Public work departments
- Shopping malls
- Exhibition centres
- Interior Design companies
- Property firms
- Event Management Companies