What is Material Management & E-Commerce?
- Material management is also known as Logistics & Supply Chain Management.
- It is a process/chain management of transport flow and the storage of goods and services from its origin to it consumptions.
- It includes both inbound & outbound movements
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) is the oversight of materials, information, and finances as they move in a process from supplier to manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer to consumer.
- The goal of logistics activities is to satisfy the needs of the ultimate consumer—you. Simply stated, logistics professionals ensure that the right product, in the right quantity, in the right condition, is delivered to the right customer at the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
About the Industry
- The domestic logistics industry which is estimated to generate business worth 135 billion dollars by 2020 would need 4, 30,000 skilled manpower by 2020.
- Salaries start at INR. 3.5 lac and go over to INR. 7 lac p.a. in a span of 5 to 6 years depending upon the aptitude and performance of the candidate.
- The spending in the logistics in India stands at INR. 4 trillion, whereas the same is INR. 90 trillion globally.
- The sector currently employs over 40 million people in the world.
- Indian Logistics industry would need 28.4 million skilled people in the “Senior Resource Category” in warehouse management by 2022.
- Indian logistics industry is at an inflexion point and will reach a market size of over $125 billion in coming years.
- ILAM is a pioneer Institute in India offering specialised programs in Logistics & Supply Chain Management.
- Gives Professional Orientation & Approach
- Focuses on Career Progression Planning
- Ensures that students get exposed to Industry Specific Knowledge & Skills
- ILAM has strong industry tie-ups
- 17000+ student alumni network working across the globe
- 100% Placement Assurance
What would you Study?
- Business Communication
- Financial Accounting – I
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Micro Economics
- Personality & Soft Skills Development
- Macro Economics
- Financial Accounting – II
- Business Statistics
- Organization Behaviour
- Marketing Management
- Business Law
- Project Management
- International Operations Management
- Managing Retailing, Wholesaling & logistics
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Computer Applications (Theory & Practical)
- Warehouse Control & Material Management
- Fundamentals of Retail Management
- Information Systems for Logistics Management
- Research Methods in Management
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics
- Management Information Systems
- Environmental Studies
- International Business Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Service Operations Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Shipping & Transport Logistics Operations
- Transport Management & Physical Distribution
- Mini Project- Cargo Operations including safety & security
- Total Quality Management
- Marketing for Entrepreneurs
- Merchandise Management
- Major Project-Mall Management
Deliverables of the Program:
- Practical Assignments and Project Work
- Integrated experience With Internship in the Logistics industry
- Enhancing Customer Service skills
- GD and Interview Preparation
- All programs are fully residential with an appropriately furnished hostel facility available for the students.
- Annuals fests including G-Quasar, the cultural fest and Meta-Cognition, the tech fest.
- Ashok Leyland
- DB SCHENKER
All intermediate with min 50% are eligible to enrol in this programme.
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.