BSc in Interior Design
Interior Design Industry
- The Interior design market has touched $ 20 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow more in coming years.
- As the Industry is immensely increasing, this has automatically created a demand for skilled professionals by generating lac of jobs every year.
- The industry has observed major shift in consumers buying behaviour and their disposable income which has enhanced their style of living, further gave bounce to the Industry growth.
- According to “Indian Furniture Market Forecast & Opportunities, in 2019, the country’s furniture market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 26%.
- The art of setting up a space in an artistic manner to maximize its utilization, yet maintaining its functional efficiency belongs to an interior designer. India today is becoming increasingly aware about how hiring an interior designer can enhance their space. The demand for skilled professionals in this sphere is on a constant rise.
Why BSc in Interior Design?
- 3 Year UGC Recognized programme.
- The study course deals with all the important concepts and techniques required for effectively managing, organising and planning design added to interiors.
- Workshops and guest lectures are conducted for students to emphasize on problem-solving through interaction and exchange of information.
- The core objective is to develop students with specialized skill-sets theoretically as well as practically and prepare them for the careers of tomorrow.
- Study in lush green campus equipped with modern amenities.
- Dedicated CAD labs & design resource centres with dedicated trainers.
- The demand for skilled professionals in this sphere is on a constant rise. As more and more candidates are aspiring for a career in this field, reputed institute like ILAM has introduced certified course for interior designing to nurture their aspirations.
What will be taught?
- Basics of Design
- Interior Spaces
- Graphics of Interiors
- Strategic Decision Making
- Free Hand Sketching
- Computer –Aided Design
- 3-D ideation
- Technical Drawing
- Digital drawing
- Presentation skills
- Basic materials and construction techniques
- Industry exposure
- Communication skills
- Architectural Research
- Fundamentals of design
- Analytical drawing
- Cost Estimation
- Interior Landscape
- Photography and Design Management
- Exhibition Designer
- Interior Designer
- Interior Design Publicist
- Set Designer
- Interior Design Media Specialist
- Technical Designer
- Theatre Designer
- Private Residences
- Architectural Firms and Construction Companies
- Resort Chains
- Public work departments
- Shopping malls
- Exhibition centres
- Interior Design companies
- Property firms
- Event Management Companies
- Students have access to university computers and design labs, enabling them in data searches and computer-aided decision making.
- The Program aims to develop the ability to conceptualize, plan and design the interiors from small residential spaces to commercial spaces.
- Organizing industrial visits for students and faculty to various industries as recommended by the departments.
- Students explore design trends. Proper sourcing and furnishing of the materials is also an important focus.
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.
10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% marks.