About Logistics Industry
- One of the hottest fields to choose today is Logistics. The corporate world is becoming very flexible penetrating and require specialized knowledge. Also, today every organization has logistics operations in it, which has directly generated the need of lacs of job opportunities.
- The global logistics industry is valued at US$ 8.1 trillion & will grow to US$ 15.5 trillion by 2023.
- The U.S., which contributes to over 25% of the global industry value, spends close to 9% of its GDP on logistics services.
- The country's logistics industry which is worth USD 160 billion is likely to touch USD 215 billion in the next two years with the implementation of GST.
- Transportation is projected to add 417,000 net jobs from 2012 to 2022 due to industry growth, over 2 million jobs needed to be filled due to industry growth.
- The sector, which currently employs over 16.74 million employees, is slated to employ more than 28.4 million employees by 2022. Hence, this sector will have one of the highest incremental human resource requirement of 11.7 million from 2018-2022.
- India is set to witness investments close to 50,000 crore for in creation of warehousing facilities across the country between 2018 & 2020.
- Global logistics market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 3.48 to attain a market size of around $12,256 billion by 2022.
Areas to be served in Logistics Industry
- Inventory control
- Customer services
- Strategic planning