FAQ’s - Logistics Management Programs
What is Logistics?
- Logistics is the process / chain management of transport flow and the storage of goods and services from its origin to it consumptions.
- It includes both inbound & outbound movement.
- The goal of logistics activities is to satisfy the needs of the ultimate consumer—you. Simply stated, logistics professionals ensure that the right product, in the right quantity, in the right condition, is delivered to the right customer at the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
- In other words, “Logistics is the process chain management of transport flow and the storage of goods and services from its origin to its consumption.”
What are the areas to be served in the Logistics Industry?
Following are the key areas in Logistics Industry
- Inventory control
- Customer services
- Strategic planning
What is the market size of the Logistics Industry?
- The spending in the logistics in India stands at Rs. 4 trillion, whereas the same is Rs. 90 trillion globally. The IT spends in the Indian logistics industry will grow to approximately INR 1,000 crores from the existing INR 400 crores in the next 5 years (CAGR of 20 – 22 %).
- The global logistics industry is valued at US$ 8.1 trillion & will grow to US$ 15.5 trillion by 2023.
- The U.S., which contributes to over 25% of the global industry value, spends close to 9% of its GDP on logistic services.
- The sector currently employs over 40 million people in the world.
- Indian logistics market to double by 2020 as it would need 28.4 million skilled people in the “Senior Resource Category” in warehouse management by 2022.
- Technological change in the logistics industry demands a trained workforce in all areas of the sector.
- Indian logistics industry is at an inflection point and will reach a market size of over $125 billion in coming years.
What are the numbers of jobs available in the logistics industry?
- The domestic logistics industry, which is estimated to generate business worth $110 billion in the next two years, will need over 420,000 additional pair of hands in the next four to five years.
- Blue Dart
- ABC ltd
List top logistics companies in India?
- Education Level
- Years of experience
- Company size
- Position in company
What are the factors that determine better salaries?
Why should one join the Logistics industry?
- Good Salary Package
- The industry has a huge shortage of skilled professionals.
- Job in one of the most Booming Industry
- New opportunities are opening in logistics
- Logistics & Supply Chain Programme trains you exhaustively towards all aspect of the industry; companies are willing to absorb you even if it costs them some premium.
Who is this course for?
- You should have, or be expecting, a Hons. Degree in science, engineering, business studies or economics, as well as mathematics or statistics.
How will the Logistics program help me in my career?
- The programme prepares you to use your analytical skills in logistics and supply chain management.
- You will cover topics such as strategic supply chain management, manufacturing management, public sector analysis and logistics modelling.
- The modules taught will help you to improve your professional skills as well as your analytical abilities.
- Graduates from this course can expect to work as logistics analysts, supply chain analysts, business consultants, business analysts and database managers.
- A competency-based approach to learn, which intends to fill the knowledge and skill gaps in a wide range of Logistics & Aviation roles.
What is the possibility of getting a job?
- There are 28.4 million jobs per year