FAQ’s – Aviation Management Program
What career opportunities are open to someone with a BBA/MBA degree in the Aviation Sector?
Students with this degree normally seek careers in airline operations, which includes flight dispatch, station management, flight schedule coordination, air cargo administration, public relations, and marketing or customer service. Many graduates pursue careers in airport management, and some seek positions within state or government aviation agencies.
Are the professors and lecturers at ILAM experienced in the Aviation industry?
Our top-notch faculty includes eminent academicians and professionals of National and International repute with extensive experience in Aviation as well as the related industries
What makes the aviation management program at ILAM better than taking any other business course at another college?
ILAM’s aviation management program gives you hands-on experience as to what to expect in the aviation industry, whereas other colleges typically give you required business and management skills, but not the aviation background. ILAM provides a series of business courses along with management courses that will enable you to become a manager not only in aviation but also in virtually any other industry. You will learn the fundamental aspects of aviation such as Overview of Civil Aviation, Principals of Management, Airport Terminal Operations, Aviation Security, Business Communication, Airport Operations, In-Flight Service Management, Cabin Crew & Ground Staff Handling etc.
What is the starting salary after completing a course in Aviation Management?
Starting salary varies from student to student after they complete their course in Aviation Management. Roughly, a fresher gets a salary package of INR 3.5 lac – 7 lac annually. The salary package can be higher depending on the calibre of the candidate.
What if I do not wish to build my career in aviation?
The training you receive in this course, while having an aviation focus, is highly transferable to jobs in many other business and engineering related industries such as events management, sales and marketing, customer service, hospitality and tourism, facility management to name a few.
What will I study?
- The program prepares students on application of modern management concepts, methods and tools to the challenges of aviation industry.
- The special intricacies of aviation sector are woven into a strong, traditional business foundation and examined in greater detail through the wide variety of specified electives.
- The curriculum is oriented towards brand management, customer satisfaction, passenger services and fleet management, allied services, fueling management, etc.
What is the market size of the Indian Aviation Industry?
- The Aviation sector has grown by 25 % in the last 5 years. Passenger growth has grown from 40m to 110m in the last 5 years and is expected to grow to 150m by 2020.
What are the job opportunities available in the Aviation industry?
- Approximately 2.5 – 5 lakhs jobs are there in the Indian Aviation Industry. Infrastructure modernization, huge investment, expanding air fleet & with ever growing economy AVIATION is the hottest sector in terms of career.
- The travel and tourism industry contributed a total of 124.8 billion U.S. dollars to GDP in India in 2015 – this accounted for approximately 6% of India's total GDP.
- Foreign equity up to 100% is allowed by the means of automatic approvals pertaining to establishment of Greenfield Airports and up to 74% to the existing airports.
- In the present scenario around 115 domestic airlines and above 60 international airlines are operating in India.
- The booming aviation industry requires skilled professionals.
What are the various positions available in Airlines
- Cargo Supervisors
- Management Trainee
- Flight Dispatcher
- Station Attendant
- Information Representative
- Crew Schedule Coordinator
- Airline Station Agent
- Airport Operation Supervisor
- Cabin Crew
- Ground Staff
- Travel Consultant
- Fleet Management
- Ground Handling
- Customer Service
- Crew Scheduling
- Safety and Security
- In- Flight Service
- Slot Allocation
- Medical Tourism
What are the areas to be served in Aviation Industry?
- Airport Services Manager/ Airport Manager
- Airport Services Supervisor
- In-Flight Instructor
- In-Flight Manager
- Reservation & Ticketing agent
- Guest Services Manager
- Procurement Consultants
- Duty Manager
- Customer service manager
- Production planning & operations
- International Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Commercial Contracts manager
What are the positions available in the Aviation Sector?