BBA Marketing & Automobile Management
What is Automobile Management?
Automobile Management is the study of managing automobile dealership at different levels. BBA in Automobile Management is a unique professional course designed for aspiring students who want to either take up a role in dealership or have aspirations to partner with various automobile makers. The programme is to prepare the future managers in automobile industry.
- Indian Automobile industry is one of the biggest industries in the world.
- It is to be noted that Indian production across all the line of automobile products has increased by 5.41 % in year 2017. Companies like JSW Energy, TATA Motors, Tesla Inc., Kia Motors, BMW, Hero Motor Corp, Ford Motor Corp etc. have planned an expansion in their Indian manufacturing product line.
- The Indian automotive aftermarket is estimated to grow at around 10-15 per cent to reach US$ 16.5 billion by 2021 creating 65 million additional jobs opportunities in near future.
- Year 2017 has witnessed a growth of 16.26% increase in export. It is noted that Indian production across all the line of automobile products has increased by 5.41 % in 2017.
- Several initiatives by the Government of India and the major automobile players in the Indian market are expected to make India a leader in the 2W and Four Wheeler (4W) market in the world by 2020.
- Indian automobile industry is one of the biggest industries in the world. Year 2017 had witnessed a growth of 16.26% increase in export.
What will you be taught?
Introduction to Management, Business Economics , Business Mathematics Strategy, Corporate Foresight & Business Model, Introduction to Automobile Industry, Business Finance, Auto Finance, Auto Insurance.
Curriculum designed is industry oriented mixed with hands on practical training via industry visits & guest lectures from industry preparing students for careers of tomorrow.
- Classroom teaching by eminent faculty involving lectures, power point presentations and hand-outs.
- Workshops are conducted for students to emphasize on problem-solving through interaction and exchange of information.
- Stimulated situations and role-plays to give students an insight understanding of various activities involved in Automobile Industry.
- Students have access to University computers and Internet facilities, enabling them in data searches and computer-aided decision making.
- Students have access to the well-stocked library with latest books, periodicals, newspapers, journals, prints and records are available for reading and references.
- Case studies are given to acquaint the students of day to day automobile situations and are asked to draw inferences and make suggestions.
- Organizing Industrial Visits / Seminars/ Conferences / Guest Lectures for students and faculty to various industries as recommended by the departments.
- 6 months compulsory internship program for all the students of the master’s program.
What would you become?
Sales Manager, Area manager, Finance Advisor, Strategist, Showroom Manager, Operations manager, Purchase manager, Quality manager, Delivery Manager, Marketing Head, Corporate Communications Manager.
Tata Motors Ltd, Tata Motors Ltd, Hero MotoCorp Ltd, Ashok Leyland Ltd, TVS Motor Company Ltd, Eicher Motors Ltd., JSW Energy, Tesla Inc., Kia Motors, BMW, Ford Motor Corp
Areas to be served
Finance, Human Resource, Product Management, Sales & Purchase, Showroom Management, Insurance, Marketing, Banking, Corporate Communications.
What would you Study?
- English – I
- Spoken English
- Management Concepts
- Accounting - I
- Mathematics for Managers
- Basics of Automobile
- Mind Management and Human Values
- English – II
- Advance Spoken English
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Accounting- II
- Marketing Management
- Business Law
- Auto Marketing
- Quantitative Techniques & Analysis
- Financial Management
- Managerial Economics
- Business Application Ms-Excel
- Communicative English
- Customer Relationship Management
- Transport Management
- Research Methodology
- Service Marketing
- Franchise & Brand Management
- Foreign Language German
- Environmental Studies
- Business Outsourcing
- Management Accounting
- Sales Management
- Customer Service Process
- Cross Cultural Studies
- Rural Marketing
- Used Car Business
- Minor Project: As Per Approved Topic
- Dealership Infrastructure & Part Management
- Consumer Psychology
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Elements of Aesthetics Design of Devices
- Soft Skills and Personality Development Training
- Major Project as Per Approved Topic
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.
12th pass candidates with Commerce/ Arts/ Science with min 55% of marks.