Bachelors of Design in Interior Design
Interior Design Industry
- The market touched $ 20 billion by 2015 and is expected to grow more in coming years.
- As the Industry is immensely increasing, this has automatically created a demand for skilled professionals by generating lac of jobs every year.
- The industry has observed major shift in consumers buying behaviour and their disposable income which has enhanced their style of living, further gave bounce to the Industry growth.
- According to “Indian Furniture Market Forecast & Opportunities, in 2019, the country’s furniture market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 26% .
Why B.Des in Interior Design
- A 4 Years UGC Recognized programme.
- The study course deals with all the important concepts and techniques required for effectively managing, organising and planning design added to interiors.
- Workshops and guest lectures are conducted for students to emphasize on problem-solving through interaction and exchange of information.
- The core objective is to develop students with specialized skill-sets theoretically as well as practically and prepare them for the careers of tomorrow.
- Study in lush green campus spread over 52 acres, equipped with modern amenities. Enthusiastic environment with cultural activities conducted regularly.
- Dedicated CAD labs & design resource centres with dedicated trainers.
What will be taught?
- Basics of Design
- Interior Spaces
- Graphics of Interiors
- Strategic Decision Making
- Free Hand Sketching
- Computer –Aided Design
- 3-D ideation
- Technical Drawing
- Digital drawing
- Presentation skills
- Basic materials and construction techniques
- Industry exposure
- Communication skills
- Architectural Research
- Fundamentals of design
- Analytical drawing
- Cost Estimation
- Interior Landscape
- Photography and Design Management
- Exhibition Designer
- Interior Designer
- Interior Design Publicist
- Set Designer
- Interior Design Media Specialist
- Technical Designer
- Theatre Designer
- Private Residences
- Architectural Firms and Construction Companies
- Resort Chains
- Public work departments
- Shopping malls
- Exhibition centres
- Interior Design companies
- Property firms
- Event Management Companies
- Students have access to University computers and design labs, enabling them in data searches and computer-aided decision making.
- The Program aims to develop the ability to conceptualize, plan and design the interiors from small residential spaces to commercial spaces.
- Organizing industrial visits for students and faculty to various industries as recommended by the departments.
- Students will explore design trends. Proper sourcing and furnishing of the materials is also an important focus.
Admission Procedure : Candidate needs to fill online application to appear for online test followed by telephonic interview.
Eligibility : 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% marks.