Bachelors of Design in Graphic, Advertising & Digital Design
What is Graphic Designing?
Graphic design is the process of visual communication using one or more of typography, photography and illustration.
Graphic designers create webpages, landing pages, brochures, catalogues, illustrations, books, direct mail pieces and much more.
- Industry revenue worth a total of $11 billion.
- It is projected that the industry of graphic designing will continue grow 7% more from 2018 -2022.
- Nearly 2,60,000 people are currently employed as a graphic designers.
- Higher competition has formed many graphic designers to expand into complementary marketing and other services.
Why B.Des in Graphic, Advertising & Digital Design
- A 4 Years UGC Recognized programme.
- Study in lush green campus spread over 52 acres, equipped with modern amenities. Enthusiastic environment with cultural activities conducted regularly.
- The Graphics Design pathway offers students an opportunity to explore basics of graphics, illustration, sequential art, typography, image processing, motion graphics and narration through variety of formats.
- Apart from classroom teaching, the students are exposed to various workshops, guest lectures through which students gain real-time industry information.
- Internship with leading graphic design consultancies, advertising agencies, multimedia studio, and publishing houses.
- Dedicated CAD labs & design resource centres with dedicated trainers to impart practical teaching.
- Graphic Designer
- Communication Designer
- Web Designer
- Layout Artist
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Craft and Fine Artist
- Desktop Publisher
- Multimedia Arts and Animators
- Industrial Designers
- Technical Writers
- Software applications developers
- Branding Specialist
- Printing Specialist
- Website Designer
What will be taught?
- Overview of design theories and practises
- Visual Design Studio
- History of art
- Design and architecture
- Visual communication design
- Multimedia communication
- development in graphics
- Sequential art
- Image processing
- Motion graphics and narration
- Graphic design basis
- Colour theory
- Grid theory
- Design development
- Publication design
- Image making
- Print design
- Sketching and drawing
- Computer software and application
- Fundamentals of design
- Digital publishing
- Digital portfolio development& presentation
- Publishing Agencies
- Online Retailing Companies
- Digital Media Films
- Corporate Branding and Consultation
- Advertising Agencies
- Branding Agencies
- Film production firms
- TV Production firms
- Animation Firms
- Digital Marketing Firms
- Government Agencies
Curriculum designed is industry oriented mixed with hands on practical training via industry visits & guest lectures from industry preparing students for careers of tomorrow.
- Classroom teaching by eminent faculty involving lectures, power point presentations and hand-outs.
- Stimulated situations and role-plays to give students an insight into understanding of responsibilities of various professionals involved in the industry.
- Students have access to University computers and design labs, enabling them in data searches and computer-aided decision making.
- Mc Cann
- Advertising Agencies
- Digital Marketing Agencies
Admission Procedure : Candidate needs to fill online application to appear for online test followed by telephonic interview.
Eligibility : 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% marks.