About Automobile Industry
- The domestic passenger vehicle (PV) sales in India have grown by 9.20%, catapulting the country to become the fifth largest PV market in the world.
- Indian automobile Industry is one of the biggest industries in the world. India is one of the prominent exporters of automobile.
- Automobile sales, including passenger and commercial vehicles, in Asia’s third largest economy grew 9.5%, the fastest among major global markets.
- Several initiatives by the Government of India and the major automobile players in the Indian market are expected to make India a leader in the 2W and Four Wheeler (4W) market in the world by 2020.
- The Indian automotive aftermarket is estimated to grow at around 10-15 per cent to reach US$ 16.5 billion by 2021 creating 65 million additional jobs opportunities in near future.
- Last year to more than 4 million units, outpacing Germany’s 3.8-million vehicle sales, which rose by a modest 2.8% in the same period.
- The Indian auto industry is one of the largest industry in the world which accounts for 7.1 per cent of the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
Areas to be served in Automobile Industry
- Human Resource
- Product Management
- Sales & Purchase
- Showroom Management
- Marketing, Branding
- Corporate Communications