About Automobile Industry
- The domestic passenger vehicle (PV) sales in India have grown by 9.20%, catapulting the country to become the fifth largest PV market in the world.
- Indian automobile Industry is one of the biggest industries in the world. India is one of the prominent exporters of automobile.
- Automobile sales, including passenger and commercial vehicles, in Asia’s third largest economy grew 9.5%, the fastest among major global markets.
- Several initiatives by the Government of India and the major automobile players in the Indian market are expected to make India a leader in the 2W and Four Wheeler (4W) market in the world by 2020.
- The Indian automotive aftermarket is estimated to grow at around 10-15 per cent to reach US$ 16.5 billion by 2021 creating 65 million additional jobs opportunities in near future.
- Last year to more than 4 million units, outpacing Germany’s 3.8-million vehicle sales, which rose by a modest 2.8% in the same period.
- The Indian auto industry is one of the largest industry in the world which accounts for 7.1 per cent of the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- The industry accounts for 7.1 per cent of the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
Areas to be served in Automobile Industry
- Human Resource
- Product Management
- Sales & Purchase
- Showroom Management
- Marketing, Branding
- Corporate Communications