PhD Aviation Management
What is Aviation Management?
- The goal of Aviation Management is to cater the traffic of passengers and cargo mobility throughout the world in the fast, safe, secure and reliable service and to satisfy the needs of the ultimate consumer — you
- Aviation Professional Aims – to deliver the helping environment, the right quality service, the right knowledge of Air Worthiness to the right customer at the right place, at the right time and in the right manner.
- Infrastructure modernization, huge investment, expanding air fleet & with ever growing economy AVIATION is the hottest sector in terms of career.
- Passenger growth has grown from 40m to 110m in the last 5 years and is expected to grow up to 150m by 2020.
- Approx 2.5-5 lacs jobs being created in the Indian Aviation Industry and the industry directly providing more than 23.5 million jobs per year.
- Domestic traffic could grow by nearly 25% in FY2018 and approach 130 million passengers. The next financial year is expected to be the third consecutive year of domestic growth above 20%. Growth could be as high as high as 25% but may be tempered by 3-5 percentage.
- UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik) is a regional airport development and "Regional Connectivity Scheme" (RCS) of Government of India, with the objective of "Let the common citizen of the country fly", aimed at making air travel affordable and widespread to boost inclusive national economic development, job growth and air transport infrastructure development of all regions and states of India.
- UDAN ('Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik') is a first-of-its-kind scheme globally to stimulate regional connectivity through a market-based mechanism.
PhD Aviation Management
Researchers have numerous area of research to choose from Aviation Field. The PhD opens up the possibilities for the student to take up suitable teaching assignments as well as senior positions which get opened up for the student in the Aviation Industry.
Subsequently, the Researcher has to identify a guide / mentor and work with the mentor to develop a synopsis which if accepted by the research committee becomes the topic of the thesis. The thesis & PhD have to be done in accordance with the UGC guidelines 2009 (these are available on the UGC website). The Researcher must meet with the guide regularly at least once a week. The minimum period of time for the thesis to be completed is 3 years but the student can take more time for which an additional fee is payable. The thesis is to be presented to the research committee & defended Researcher has the possibility of suggesting a guide but the guide has to be approved by the University and must meet the norms specified by UGC.
Aspirants to join Research Organizations, Aviation Industry Associations, Aviation Councils, Consultancies, Strategic Planning and so on
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.
Master’s Degree in any stream with min 55%.